Dramatic Fireworks Display Craft: a Fourth of July Activity


Here is a super fun 4th of July craft to do with the kids. YES it requires the dreaded glitter, BUT the end-result is SO well worth it!

Materials needed:
  • black construction paper
  • glitter in all different colors
  • Elmer’s glue thinned down with water and mixed well.
  • container for thinned down glue
  • water
  • a spoon
  • a straw
  • a tray for paper
  • optional: Folded piece of paper (for clean-up)


1. Take a spoonful of thinned-down glue and place blob on construction paper.




2. Have child blow air through the straw onto the glue. Encourage the child to blow the glue blob in all different directions. This part can be a little challenging. I had my son actually touch the straw to the glue to make it easier. Also tip the tray so that "gravity" helps the glue go in the direction you want it to go. Rotate the tray and the direction of the air being blown. I think a lazy susan would be helpful for this, but we didn't have one around.


3. Have child pour glitter (one color) onto the glue.

Adult job- For easy clean-up pour loose glitter onto folded paper and pour back into the container.








Repeat steps 1 to 3 with different colors of glitter. Don't worry about the new glue being blown onto the other glitter shapes. It ends up being interesting that way. 

 

Have a safe and enjoyable 4th of July!

Thanks for coming by and checking this out. Remember to "like" me on my Facebook Page if you want to stay informed of more kid craft ideas I post or find around the blogosphere! 

Have fun!

Pin It!

18 comments:

  1. Hi! Following from Mom Blog Monday! Look forward to reading more! Would appreciate the follow back!
    -Kat

    http://mom-uncensored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this!! I shared it on my facebook fan page...and we are so going to try this one. Thanks for sharing on Hey Mom, Look What I Did at Adventures In Mommy Land!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cool idea! Found you on the moms library. Now following via fb, twitter and google friend. Would love follows back www.cumminslife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! I bet your son thought it was totally awesome to blow the glue with a straw. I would want to try this one myself. I am so grateful that you linked this up at Mom's Library. I know so many mom's will be trying this one for the 4th.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so much fun. What a clever idea. It really looks like fireworks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That is such a cute idea. I know my kids would enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. how fun! i pinned this to my patriotism board! thanks for linking up to tip-toe thru tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I am going to do that with my daughter when she wakes up! Thanks for sharing the fun! Newest follower from True Aim. Love for you to return the follow when you can!

    www.thenaptimereview.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so awesome! I'm going to try these with my boys. The love glue, glitter and anything messy, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So beautiful. We aren't up for glitter, yet, but I like the blowing through the straw part.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look so great! How clever. Thanks for sharing with the Kids Co-Op!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks brilliant! What a great idea.

    Thanks for sharing on Kids Get Crafty!

    Maggy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Carolyn, thanks for sharing this fun activity on the Sunday Showcase! I have featured you on this week's linky!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the combination of blow painting and glitter - fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is gorgeous - I love the sparkles (very partial to glitter myself).

    Thank you for linking up to Tuesday Tots and just to let you know that I will be featuring your fireworks this week over on Rainy Day Mum.

    ReplyDelete
  16. SUCH a cute idea!! What kid wouldn't love to make "fireworks" I may have to steal this one.. just found your blog. SO CUTE!!! Super excited to be a new follower :-) Hope you and the family have a wonderful 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, my daughter will love this. We are definitely going to try it. Thanks for sharing at Sharing Saturday!! I will be featuring this tomorrow as well.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love these, they look so festive! Shared on our FB page today. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I value your comments! Thanks for taking the time to tell me what you think!