Patriotic Ice Cube Painting and Kids Co-op Linky Party

The Weekly Kid's Co-op


Yesterday my son and I made a trip to the Dollar Store and found star shaped ice cube trays for, of course, only A BUCK! What a score!


When we came home, I filled each star with red, white, or blue tempera paint, and stuck a dibble stick in each. Then I placed the tray carefully in the freezer.



Today we pulled the iced paint cubes out of the freezer, and took them out of the tray.



We (both!) had fun playing around with them , moving them around on a piece of paper and watching the marks that they left as they warmed up. Of course as time passed the iced paint melted more readily and more distinct marks were made.



Because I didn't dilute the paint with water (which I usually do when I freeze paint) I found the texture was creamy and moved smoothly on the paper.

This is a fun activity that I think children of all ages would enjoy!

Happy 4th of July everybody!

Thanks for coming by and checking this out. Remember to "like" me on my Facebook Page if you want to stay informed of more kid craft ideas I post or find around the blogosphere! Have a wonderful day! 

Now for our weekly link-up! This week Mama's Little Muse is linking up our Glittery Fireworks Craft post, our Seahorse post, as well as our Patriotic Ice Cube Painting Post.


Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. We love painting with frozen paint! How clever to use the star trays. Maybe I'll go freeze some now while my little guys are napping. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the ice cube painting! We'll have to give this a try. Also, thanks for checking out our patriotic pop tarts - you should give it a try! (That was the fastest I've ever had someone comment once a post went up).

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea!! It looks so fun. We may have to make some of those for our party tomorrow. Thank you for sharing on Sharing Saturday! I will be featuring this tomorrow as I'm gathering all the patriotic posts shared for the holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We really have to try this! Thanks for sharing at The Sunday Showcase. I've pinned this to our board. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun idea! Thanks for sharing this on Hey Mom, Look What I Did at Adventures In Mommy Land!!!

    ReplyDelete

I value your comments! Thanks for taking the time to tell me what you think!